so i read this book, and im not saying the name of it, because it will show more of my cheesy, romantic side, but i found this quote, and it is so true to how i feel that i wanted to post it...
"So, you wanna know what I want? I want it all. I want to be in love so much it hurts. The frissons. The pin pricks. The mind-blowing sex. The connection. And I want to be married with kids I adore and a husband who makes me feels safe, sexy, smart, secure, silly, serious, salacious, sinful, serene, satisfied. I want someone who makes me laugh until milk comes out of my nose (only I don't drink milk). I want to finish someone's sentences. I want to believe in someone, in something, in a future that's not just about laundry and soccer practice and subdivisions and minivans and guilt-tripping grandparents. I want to make someone a better person. I want to be a good example. I want to love some kids into the world. I want someone who stimulates my brain as much as my body. I want to taste everything and go everywhere. I want to give and I want to get. I want too much and I want it all in one person."
This quote basically sums up how I feel about everything. But I fear that there is no way one person can be all of that. So not only am I constantly thinking about this kind of thing, but it gets rubbed in around this time of year because Valentines Day. I get to see all of these lovey-dovey couples and know that they have what I want. Its basically like rubbing salt in the wound. So what is supposed to be a happy day, turns out to be a terrible day for us romantic single saps. So this Valentines Day I will be found by myself, probably making a fantastic dinner for myself, and drinking some amazing wine from Italy I have been saving for a special occasion, and what better occasion is there then an evening wallowing in self-pity. Sigh, ok moving on.
I cant believe it is February already.
giorno di santa valentine
...only 10 days away
1 comment:
Alright, I'll give you an occasion to open that special Italian wine :)
(And yes, I 100% believe people can have what that quote proclaims!)
Celebrate that you aren't forced into buying somebody something only BECAUSE you're dating them. That on a normal day, things like that wouldn't happen, but only because Hallmark says it should, it exists.
Celebrate that you're free and single and allowed to do whatever you want!
But most of all, celebrate because you have a special Italian wine. Why waste it on a holiday ;) Heck drink it now. Carpe Diem... haha
I, too, will be drinking European wine -- alone. Even my family's going out that night!!
Post a Comment