Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Can You Ever Have Too Many Books?

I think I have a problem. No, that's not true; I know I have a problem. I just bought 5 books, even though I already own about 60 that I still need to read. I am also officially out of room on my bookshelves. I just can't help myself. This time I did only buy books that are on my Goodreads to-be-read shelf, and I waited until I had a coupon, but still.  I am trying to limit my buying, and while this post doesn't make it seem like I am succeeding, I actually haven't been buying as many books as I could. And to be fair, there are worse habits/vices to have. And I am reading a mixture of fiction and non-fiction, so its not like I'm trashing my mind. Instead, I'm broadening my horizons. Or so I tell myself. I also have plans in the works to get more bookcases, so that problem is soon to be solved as well. Seeing as just having books and the option to pick one up whenever I want makes me happy, I don't think I can have too many books. And if I want a library one day I have to start somewhere, right?  So maybe I don't have a problem. At least, not one that won't be solved with a few more bookcases. :-)

No comments: